Call to speak to your personal Travel Consultant 01483 345 701
Monday-Friday 9am-6pm; Saturday 9am-5.30pm
Since 1934 Inghams has grown into one of the UK's leading specialist tour operators. We also belong to one of the premier travel groups in Europe. Our successful Swiss parent company, Hotelplan, is a distinguished brand on the continent and has its own offices in several European countries. Hotelplan in turn is part of the Migros organisation, the largest grocery wholesaler and retailer in Switzerland.
Many of our loyal guests have been travelling with Inghams for over 25 years because they value the fact that we know all of our resorts, ski areas and hotels personally. We are dedicated to bringing you the best winter sports and summer experiences and to helping you choose exactly the right holiday for you. For any questions you may have about your holiday, please call our friendly and experienced team for all the answers!
Inghams has been at the heart of the worldwide ski industry since the 1930s and this has enabled us to build deep and long-lasting relationships with our partner hoteliers. These enduring partnerships and friendships are fundamental in ensuring the best ski holiday for you. Today this shines through in the trust between the hotels and our resort reps, and the warm welcome that is always extended to Inghams guests on arrival in resort.
You can rest assured you will be getting excellent value for money on your Inghams holiday.
Inghams was born out of Walter Ingham's enduring passion for ski, ski mountaineering and walking. Ingham has long been credited as the man who took Britain skiing and he operated very successsfully for 28 years.
In 1963 Inghams Travel was acquired by Hotelplan, one of Switzerland’s leading holiday companies. Their expertise, connections and familiarity with the language and locations in the different countries of operation helped Inghams to extend their activities and further expand their range of holidays.
Hotelplan was founded in 1935, as an emergency aid for the ailing Swiss hotel industry, by Gottlieb Duttweiler, who had already led the Migros Co-operative to success. Today the Hotelplan International Travel Organisation caters for over 1.5 million guests, generating a turnover in excess of £500 million.
In Switzerland, Migros has over 500 retail food stores, market stores and shopping markets supplied by its own modern production plants. It operates its own banking and insurance organisations, Migros Club Schools and Eurocentre Language Schools, as well as promoting a wide range of social and cultural activities. The Migros Group of Cooperatives employs more than 53,000 people with a turnover of more than £5 billion.
Innovation and dedication strengthened our position in our main markets with offices in Austria, Italy, France, Switzerland, Bulgaria, Andorra and Canada. 1n 1995, Inghams acquired The Bladon Group, incorporating Bladon Lines, Ski West and Just France. And more recently, in 2008, Inghams purchased the award-winning specialist walking holiday tour operator, Inntravel who are the UK's leading provider of self-guided walking and cycling holidays throughout the unspoiled corners of Europe and beyond.
In 2010, Hotelplan UK, the parent company of Inghams and Inntravel, acquired the Enigma Travel Group, comprising Esprit Holidays and Ski Total.
Over 75 years after its foundation, Inghams is one of the most respected tour operators in the industry and a leading winter sports specialist.
Walter Ingham’s legacy lives on with the same ideals for Inghams holidays being high standard of quality, individual care, friendly and reliable service to guests and the firm belief that the best advertising is the recommendation of the paying guest.
• Christmas 1934 – Walter Ingham advertises in national newspapers for a private ski party to join him on a trip to Austria over the Christmas period. He promotes the holiday in the Personal Column of The Times. 14 days for 12 guineas – ‘Private Party to Ski the Tyrol’.
• 1935 - Summer ‘Rucksack’ holidays organized by Walter Ingham to the Oetzal mountains with ‘hut to hut’ mountaineering holidays.
• 1936 – Walter Ingham rents one-room office in Arcade House, Bond Street to sell holidays. Walter’s father joins him and they create F&W Ingham.
• 1936 - Extends holiday offering to French Alps and French seaside resorts and coach tours.
• 1936 – Inghams holidays are advertised in the Daily Telegraph for 17 guineas for 16 days. The advert invited customers for an interview.
• March 1938 – Terminates holidays to Austria when it becomes annexed by Germany.
• 1939 – World War II breaks out and Walter Ingham joins the army
• Christmas 1948 – Launches first post-war ski-party to the Dortmund Chalet of the Austrian Alpine Club in the Tyrol.
• 1950 - First snow trains to the Alps and introduced dancing cars in which customers would party the night away as they rattled across the continent.
• 1955 – Inghams joins the Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA)
• 1995 – Inghams launches ‘Early bird’ holiday brochure for the 1995/6 ski season and sparks “early bird” booking ski holiday trend.
• 1957 - Inghams starts Lakes and Mountains programme.
• 1963 – Walter Ingham sells Inghams to Hotelplan.
• 1970– Formation of Hotelplan UK
• 1984 – Inghams celebrates 50th anniversary
• 1985 – Inghams enters Irish market with an office in Dublin.
• 1995 - Inghams purchases upmarket ski chalet operator Bladon Lines
• 1999 – Inghams is the first UK ski company to take bookings online
• 2007 – Inghams acquired Eurobreak and rebrands as Inghams Short Breaks
• 2008 – Hotelplan purchases Inntravel
• 2008 - Inghams launches new Inghams Villas offering in 9 countries
• 2009 – Inghams celebrates 75th Anniversary
• 2010 – Just France Villa programme ownership transferred from Inghams to Hotelplan
• 2010 – Expansion of Hotelplan UK through acquisition of the Enigma Travel Group, comprising Esprit Holidays and Ski Total.
• 2013 – Inghams Italy launched
As a leading specialist tour operator, Inghams have taken positive steps to make the business more sustainable. This includes improving the operation in relation to the environment and society, as well as developing greener procedures within the head office.
To help the hoteliers develop sustainable business practices, Inghams have joined the Travelife Sustainability System. All the hotel partners will be invited for assessment and the top performers will be awarded with a Travelife accreditation of Bronze, Silver or Gold. While encouraging suppliers to be more environmentally responsible, this scheme will help you make more informed choices about where to go on holiday.
Inghams is run by skiers, for skiers, and we are every bit as passionate about your winter holiday as you are. Ever since Walter Ingham organised the company’s first ski party in 1934, his spirit and commitment to delivering an unsurpassed winter sports experience remains with us to this day.
Part of the joy of going skiing or snowboarding is in the planning and deciding where to go and where to stay. Our expert team in the UK includes a lot of ardent skiers and boarders, who will help you all the way with all your choices, whether with advice if needed, or with special requests, or simply chatting through the options before you choose.
Inghams' love and A-Z knowledge of the ski and snowboard world comes from over 80 years of exploring the world's top resorts, buildinglong-lasting friendships with hoteliers and chalet owners, ski-schools and guides, and working out exactly what makes your holiday with us so special. This means you can be assured of only the highest levels of quality, service and peace of mind when you ski with Inghams.
Inghams, the leading independent ski tour operator, features 91 ski resorts across 10 of the best ski countries in Europe and North America. The programme provides an enviable mix of quality accommodation and resorts ranging from the best-loved destinations to the most exclusive hideaways. There are exciting ideas for everyone including skiers, boarders, families and friends travelling together.
Within our friendly and experienced Reservations Advisory team, there is always someone who has personally visited the resort you are considering, and will happily pass on their specialist knowledge to help you choose the right holiday - please just give us a call.
As market leaders Inghams have put together a comprehensive selection of Lakes & Mountains holidays in Europe and North America, including stunning lakeside and mountain destinations, multi-centre options, tours, cruises, walking holidays, cycling holidays & city breaks.
Launched in 2013, Inghams Italy has been put together to bring you Italy with a difference. Covering Lake Garda & Iseo, Lakes Como & Maggiore, Tuscany & Umbria, Neapolitan Riviera, Puglia, Sicily and year-round city breaks in Verona, Venice, Florence and Rome.
A long spa tradition and a rich cultural heritage make European mountain resorts an ideal destination to re-energise and detox in style. Inghams have selected the best European spas, focusing on wellbeing and offering some of the most inspiring treatment room views in the world. These are included within our Lakes & Mountains program.
Holidays to Lakes and Mountains destinations make an ideal choice for the active family. Often hidden secrets to the family market, we offer an excellent range of European resorts which provide the very best facilities and attractions for families who enjoy exploring and spending time together. Destinations are included within our Lakes and Mountains program.
Inghams works with a number of airlines for its package holidays but can also provide flight-only options to all destinations.
Inntravel is our award-winning sister company who are the UK's leading provider of self-guided walking and cycling holidays throughout the unspoiled corners of Europe and beyond. These are not group holidays, instead guests follow scenic trails on foot - or quiet lanes on two wheels - at their own pace. Meticulously researched itineraries and detailed route notes act as your guide while your luggage is transported from hotel to hotel for you. Call Inntravel on 01653 617743 or visit www.inntravel.co.uk
Inghams registered in England and Wales as Hotelplan Limited. No 350786. Registered office address: Mountain House, Station Road, Godalming, Surrey GU7 1EX